It can feel really overwhelming when you’re very busy, but you want to be fit and healthy. So I wanted to put together my top 5 essential tips to follow when you feel like you have no time. It’ll help you feel more in control and also will get you all the results you want. (When I say results I always mean feeling fit, healthy, fitting great in your clothes, with loads of energy. Not to mention strong muscles, strong bones and a high metabolism!)
When you’re time poor, but you’re trying to lose weight, women can often skip meals, eat too little at certain times, eat too much in the evening, and be sporadic with exercise. I want to help you get rid of all that and get a good structure to your day.
- Have a good structured exercise routine. Exercise at the same times every week, and dedicate 30 minutes to yourself. Rather than try to cram it in in the evening, can you set the alarm and do your workout first thing? That way nothing can ever get in the way, the only thing that can get in the way is the snooze button. A good combination of interval training, resistance training and core work will get you burning fat, building lean muscle and turning into a calorie burning machine.
- Eat 3 meals and 2 snacks. Breakfast, lunch and dinner, with two snacks in the middle. Long gaps between meals will bring your metabolism right down, and you don’t want that.
- Get off the sugar. Eat sugar, gain weight. Get off sugar, lose weight. Sugar = junk food in my view. Treat nights at the weekend are perfect.
- Drink loads of water every day. 2 litres. The more water the better. Water is so so good for you. It’s great for your mood, skin, nails, hair. It helps with cravings and you need it for your insides! We are made up of 60% water.
- Reduce starchy carbs. White bread, pasta, white rice, can leave you with a big spike in your blood sugars which can lead to cravings and more hunger! Stick to wholegrains, beans and pulses.
To your success,
Jessica Cooke X